1) The Constitution and the Articles of Confederation were brought upon after the end of the American Revolution. What set the Constitution apart from the Articles of Confederation?
2) During the American Revolution the ideas of religion and enlightenment were combined. Compare and contrast the ideas of the enlightenment thinkers and the Puritans. Include some of the writings.
3) How have the documents used to create the framework for what is now the United States been used to oppress the non- white populations in America? If you do not feel the documents were used against them how have they been used to include them in society?
4) The Constitution of 1789 created the three branches of government. Name what they are and explain what and how each of them play a role in our government.
5) Why was the Constitution invented? Who were the main entities responsible for its existence? Who was in favor of adopting the Constitution and who opposed the Constitution? Why?
6) What are the advantages and disadvantages of dividing church and state and what were the views of the Puritans regarding church and state?
Choose two of the questions to answer. Answers should be written in essay form and should include an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. The introduction should outline your argument and summarize the main ideas in each of your paragraphs. The conclusion should bring the argument to a close and suggest its importance in the real world. The body of the essay should develop your argument one paragraph at a time. Every paragraph should introduce a new idea from the preceding paragraph. Your argument is supported by direct references to the readings, class notes, and the blogs.